MONO PROPYLENE GLYCOL (MPG) (USP GRADE)
CAS NUMBER: 57-55-6
Propylene Glycol (USP Grade) is a clear, colorless, practically odorless, slightly viscous, water-soluble and hygroscopic liquid with low vapor pressure is produced and handled in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) guidelines.
Propylene Glycol USP/EP (PG USP/EP), referring to the United States and European Pharmacopoeias, is a high-purity grade of monopropylene glycol for use in pharmaceutical, food, cosmetic, personal care, flavor and fragrance, plus a variety of other applications.
The USP grade is used in the industries like food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical:
- For F&F (Flavor & Fragrance), MPG (USP) is used as a solvent for food colourings and flavourings, and is also a classified humectant food additive (E1520) for Food and Beverage Industries.
- For Animal Feed, MPG (USP) is used to provide the performance and quality consistency
- For Personal Care industry, MPG is used as a moisturiser in make-up, shampoo, bubble bath and baby wipes.
- For pharmaceutical industry, MPG is used as a solvent in oral, injectable, and topical formulations.
- For Food factory, MPG (USP) is used as heat transfer liquids for Chillers used to process food.
Back to Our Products