DIETHYLENE GLYCOL (DEG)
CAS NUMBER: 111-46-6
Diethylene glycol (DEG) is an organic compound with the formula (HOCH2CH2)2O.
It is a colorless, practically odorless, poisonous, and hygroscopic liquid with a sweetish taste. It is miscible in water, alcohol, ether, acetone, and ethylene glycol.
Main Applications include:
- Manufacture of saturated and unsaturated polyester resins, polyurethanes, and plasticizers
- As a building block in organic synthesis, e.g. of morpholine and 1,4-dioxane. It is a solvent for nitrocellulose, resins, dyes, oils, and other organic compounds.
- Humectant for tobacco, cork, printing ink, and glue.
- Component in brake fluid, lubricants,
- Component for wallpaper strippers, artificial fog and haze solutions,
- Personal care products (e.g. skin cream and lotions, deodorants)
Packaging: Bulk, Drum, IBC
Back to Our Products