MONO PROPYLENE GLYCOL (MPG) (USP GRADE)
CAS NUMBER: 57-55-6
Propylene Glycol (USP Grade) is a colourless, viscous and odourless liquid.
It is highly hygroscopic and miscible in all ratios with water, alcohols, esters, ketones and amines.
It has limited miscibility with halogenated hydrocarbons and is not miscible with aliphatic hydrocarbons. Excellent humectant, Solvent, Carrier, Natural preservative effects, wetting agent, lubricant, Freezing point depressant.
The USP grade is used in the industries like food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical:
- For F&F (Flavor & Fragrance), MPG (USP) is used as a solvent for food colourings and flavourings, and is also a classified humectant food additive (E1520) for Food and Beverage Industries.
- For Animal Feed, MPG (USP) is used to provide the performance and quality consistency
- For Personal Care industry, MPG is used as a moisturiser in make-up, shampoo, bubble bath and baby wipes.
- For pharmaceutical industry, MPG is used as a solvent in oral, injectable, and topical formulations.
- For Food factory, MPG (USP) is used as heat transfer liquids for Chillers used to process food.
Back to Our Products